Skip to main content

Show HN: US-BR, a fork of US-intl for brazilian / portuguese programmers https://ift.tt/3wQMljK

Show HN: US-BR, a fork of US-intl for brazilian / portuguese programmers Hi. I've been using the US-intl keyboard layout for a while, as ABTN2 (the standard Brazilian Portuguese) layout treats ' and " as dead keys, which makes programming incredibly annoying for me. However, US-intl makes accented letters like ã, à and â annoying to type, requiring holding Alt as you press the respective keys. As a solution, I decided to make a small fork of US-intl that changes ~, ` and ^ to dead keys, while leaving ' and " as non-dead keys (as you can easily type á with Alt+a). It's nothing major or substantial, but I thought I'd share it in case some other brazilian / portuguese-speaking programmer might need it. You can find it here: https://ift.tt/3DrOdSw November 17, 2021 at 05:01AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM