Skip to main content

Show HN: LED Website Indicator – an LED lights up when someone visits your site https://ift.tt/3GjxWBg

Show HN: LED Website Indicator – an LED lights up when someone visits your site Recently while looking for coding work I connected an LED to my resume site so that I would have instant feedback in the form of a visual notification whenever anyone visited. People seemed to like the idea when I wrote about it on my blog, so I have made this into a free service. Using ESP8266, my own hosted MQTT broker and WordPress plugin. If you want to try it out, I have the instructions over at https://ift.tt/3Cb6vXA - see the "learn" page. All you need is a spare ESP8266 module and a WordPress site. I'm concentrating on WordPress for now, but it should be relatively simple to send MQTT messages from other types of websites. If there is enough interest I plan to do this as a pre-programmed product, with an RGB LED and support for multiple websites. I know you can set this up yourself with Node-Red or Adafruit but I'm going for a very focused product which does one thing well, and is super simple to set up. October 24, 2021 at 12:57AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM