Show HN: Domainy – Monitor domain names for availability Domainy is a tool to get alerted on when the domain names you like and want are about to expire and also become available. https://www.domainy.io A few use cases - I'm monitoring all the other TLD domain names for which I would like to eventually acquire to protect brand names for the domain names that I already have (e.g. I have google.com and I want to make sure that I have google.abcde, google.edfg etc etc) - I also want to know when some of the domains that I would like will expire and possibly become available, so I can quickly buy them if I can. Just because a domain is expired, it doesn't mean it's available right away. But still, I'd like to keep my eye on them. - Sometimes, it's just super interesting to see when some high profile names are available through obsecure TLDs (e.g. twitter.beauty, twitter.accountant, twitter.dealer domain names are available. What would happen if I buy them and do something with it. Twitter will probably come after me, but hey, it's an interesting thought. Maybe they'll buy them off? I don't know. What other high profile names are available through other TLDs? cheers! August 17, 2021 at 06:58PM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments