Show HN: Homer – A tool to build interactive textbooks Hi HN, my name is Rahul Sarathy and I built Homer (https://usehomer.app), a tool to allow creators to build more interactive digital textbooks. Right now the software supports image based scrollytelling with a roadmap to add interactive components such as annotations, animations, backlinks, and more. You can check out a demo of an interactive history book here: https://ift.tt/3qXved6 Here's another short example of how a personal finance related book could look like: https://ift.tt/3e49pU1 If you're interested in checking out the UI used to build the demo above, feel free to sign up at https://ift.tt/3xAJ7AA and create a book. July 10, 2021 at 01:15AM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments