Show HN: A decentralised VC firm using Bitclout? Experiments are fun. I recently came across Bitclout, and I love the underlying concept. It’s ballsy, will it work? — time will tell. I think Bitclout as a thesis is moving towards the right direction. Decentralised Social Media networks will be the next thing and allowing users to own their own social equity and monetise that is the future. Last year I started an experimental fund, Khoob (www.khoob.group) The idea was to invest in and build interesting Indian companies (a Betaworks / Expa for India). Thus far we have made 4 investments, and are building 4 companies. At Khoob I’m the solo GP, no LPs — so plenty of room to experiment. Currently Bitclout is aiming at helping individuals productise themselves. Individuals are brands, so why not an actual brand? The VC (venture capital) space is also undergoing a metamorphosis (eg. Sahil Lavingia's recent distributed raise for Gumroad). With that said we setup : https://ift.tt/3unrq5C Currently the revenue into Khoob comes in the form of: 1). Dividends from investments / companies we have built. (Revenue Sharing) 2). Carry from liquidation events. (M&A, Secondary Sales). At the end of Q2–2021 we will be using 10% of our proceeds to purchase Khoob coins on Bitclout. Purchasers of our coins will be invited into a mailing list where we will be opening up data regarding current / future investments and companies we are building. This experiment will be about understanding whether we can decentralise Khoob as a fund and bring on (micro)LPs in a radically different way. Would love your thoughts/feedback. April 5, 2021 at 04:00AM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments