Show HN: NASA Mars 2021 as full-scale VR puzzles We built a VR game with giant 3D puzzles[0], and to celebrate the successful landing of NASA Perseverance rover on Mars, we just added an experimental mini-series of Mars 2021 puzzles: - Perseverance rover at 1/3rd of the size - Perseverance at full-scale. At full scale in VR, it's impressive! Bigger than I thought! Screenshots for Perseverance VR puzzles: https://twitter.com/PecoPecoGame/status/1362880879966748679 - Ingenuity, the Mars Helicopter, at full scale. Again, full-scale in VR is a cool way to get a sense of the size of Ingenuity (spoiler: the body is smaller than what I expected, but the blades are huge comparatively! That's because the martian atmosphere is much less dense than the earth atmosphere.) Screenshots for Ingenuity VR puzzle: https://twitter.com/PecoPecoGame/status/1365704324232454147 These are directly based on the official NASA models, so they have great accuracy. There's one puzzle to play for each model, and you can cut your own puzzles in VR if you want. The full-scale Perseverance puzzle has huge pieces! The wheels are enormous. It is also doubly experimental as you will need a really room-scale guardian to play. (or use vertical space!) And the 1/3 scale Perseverance model is really nice to discover it from any angle. The 54-piece puzzle that goes with the Ingenuity model is part easy, part quite hard! But I'm sure you'll do it if you like puzzles [0] https://ift.tt/3dWF8ax March 1, 2021 at 09:06PM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments