Show HN: A new(?) approach for your bookmarks Hey HN community, there are a couple of websites I visit on a daily basis. I type the first two oder three characters of the url and the autocomplete feature of my browser does the rest. That is also how I procrastinate. It happens that i visit the same website over and over again without that there is really new content on that site. Or on the other side it happens that I forget to visit a certain site for some days. To address all this I build the following website: https://ift.tt/3jMxmRx The idea is: you have one personal link (1) and define a list of websites and how often you want to visit them. Then you set this link as your homepage or on your browser bookmark bar. Then by visiting your personal link you get redirected to a website of your list that you have not visited in your configured timespan. If there is no more website to visit you get redirect to a static site saying "all done, let's get back to work!". The second feature is that you can share the list of bookmarks (2) with others and they can create a copy of it and set their own timings and add/remove urls. I use this on my desktop pc and my mobile phone. Because it is the same link it is automatically synchronized on all your devices. It is a bit hard to explain. Hopefully you get the idea. But i tried it the last couple of weeks on my laptop and smartphone and love it! It really helps me stop procrastinating. (1) Example: https://ift.tt/2OqrPV0 (2) Example: https://ift.tt/3rQfJ60 February 13, 2021 at 01:40PM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments