Skip to main content

Show HN: Hacker News Discourse turns HN stories into Clubhouse-style audio rooms https://ift.tt/3q8zeGw

Show HN: Hacker News Discourse turns HN stories into Clubhouse-style audio rooms I'm Seth, creator of discourse.fm, a browser-based tool/platform to create live audio chat rooms. I just launched an extension of the site - https://ift.tt/3pdK50t - which pulls stories in real-time from the HN site using the public API, and enables anyone to join a live audio discussion about the story (think Clubhouse rooms autogenerated for HN stories). Once you enter a room, you can grab the link generated for a room and paste it back to the comments on the HN story to invite more participants. hackernews.discourse.fm is both a full-fledged product and a demo of how discourse.fm can be used to create live audio communities. HN is an ideal for this, as it benefits from its synchronicity, similarly-minded users, and it's basically a non-stop source of interesting discussion topics. That being said, almost any consistently active text-based community, forum, or news site could likely benefit from integrating live audio discussions. If you're interested in how you can use discourse.fm to accomplish this, let me know at info@discourse.fm. I'd love to hear feedback about what I've built. It would be especially cool (and very meta) to discuss this live using the room on the hackernews.discourse.fm site. Link: https://ift.tt/3pdK50t February 11, 2021 at 06:15AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM